Do you want your Netgear Orbi router to work perfectly for you? If yes, then using orbilogin.net and correct Orbi admin login details, you must update the firmware of your device to the latest version.
But, what happens if you get “Orbi firmware update failed” error message? There can be a hoard of reasons that are preventing you from updating your device firmware. Don’t sweat over it! This article will provide you with the reasons causing the issue along with the solutions to troubleshoot it. Let’s get started!
Reasons: Orbi Firmware Update Failed Issue
- You haven’t downloaded the correct firmware file as per the Orbi’s model you have.
- Maybe your device (computer or laptop) is not having enough space to download the firmware file.
- Poor internet connectivity may also lead to the issue.
- Technical glitches
- The connection between your Orbi, satellite, and modem is not stable
Now that you are well acquainted with the reasons causing the issue, follow some of the topmost fixes highlighted below and learn how to get the issue fixed instantly.
Fixes to Orbi Firmware Updated Failed Issue
Fix 1: Download the Compatible Firmware Version
The Orbi’s firmware update failed error may appear if you have selected a wrong firmware version for the device model you have. To get rid of the issue, all you have to do is to ensure that the firmware version you have downloaded is compatible with the device model you have.
Note: Here “device” refers to your Netgear Orbi router.
On the other hand, while downloading and updating the device’s firmware, keep in mind, you do not interrupt the process. If you do so, you will make your device not work forever.
Prevent the interruption of the process by keeping a few important things in consideration:
- If the firmware update process takes a longer time than usual, kindly have patience. Do not turn off your Orbi or disconnect it from your satellite or modem.
- Secondly, you are not supposed to click on any link.
- On the other hand, do not try refreshing the web page or hit the back button.
Fix 2: Make a Stable Connection
You will get “Orbi firmware update failed” error message if the connection between your Orbi, satellite, and modem is not proper. Hence, to do away with the problem, ensure to make a stable connection between them (your devices).
- You can use an Ethernet or wireless source for connecting them. If you opt for an Ethernet source, grab two cables and connect its (first cable) one end to your Orbi and the second end to the satellite.
- And, use the second cable for connecting your Orbi and modem.
If you want to connect them wirelessly, then press the WPS button on your Orbi and a few moments later on your satellite. Once you are done, apply the same process on your modem.
After establishing a wireless connection between them, have a quick nudge at the Orbi satellite colors. Ensure that they are stable!
Fix 3: Make Some Space
If you are still getting the same error, ensure that the device (computer) you are using has enough space to download the latest version of firmware for your Orbi. In case it doesn’t have, make some space on it by deleting unwanted data and unnecessary files. Once you are done doing this, restart your computer, have access to the Orbi’s SSID and try to execute the process again to see if this time you rack up success or not.
Fix 4: Contact Your ISP
If your internet range is poor, then also you may face issues while updating the firmware version on your device. So, contact your internet service provider and check if everything is fine from this end. You can also ask him to upgrade your existing internet plan.
Fix 5: Restart Your Orbi
At times, due to minor technical glitches, you may get issues while updating the firmware version on your device. For getting the issue fixed, we suggest you restart your Orbi by unplugging it from the wall outlet and plugging it back in again after a few minutes.
Here’s to hope that the fixes highlighted above help you troubleshoot the “Orbi firmware update” failed issue.