Are you trying to install the Netgear Orbi WiFi home system but failing in doing so? There can be various reasons for this. Maybe you are not following the correct steps. Or perhaps the Orbi router is not properly connected to the modem. Another possibility is that the Orbi admin login is not working. Whatever may the reason be, this article will help you get rid of the issue so that you can carry on with the Orbi setup without any issues.
Why Can’t You Set Up Orbi?
Let us first tell you about the main causes that may be stopping you from getting the setup task done. Here are some of the most common causes for the same:
- Your Netgear Orbi is troubled by technical glitches.
- The power supply to the Orbi is not stable.
- A shaky internet connection can stop the task in between.
- You are using faulty cables in the process.
- The computer that you are using to log in is running on an outdated OS.
- The web browser is accumulated with cache and junk files.
- Using an outdated web browser can also be the reason.
- The Orbi router is placed far from the modem.
- You are using the wrong login details and thus can not log in.
Let us now tell you how you can eliminate the issues and then complete the Orbi whole home WiFi system setup process.
How to Fix Netgear Orbi Setup Issues?
Use the tips that we have given ahead to fix the issue at hand:
- Make sure that the power supply to the Netgear Orbi is stable and consistent.
- Check the power socket and the power cable for they should not be damaged. In case you see anything damaged, then get it replaced immediately.
- Use a UPS if there are power outages.
- Ensure that there are no internet outages by contacting your ISP.
- Check the Ethernet cable if you have used it to connect the router to the modem.
- Also, check the Ethernet ports on the Orbi router and the modem. They should be in well working condition.
- Place the Orbi router close to the modem such that they can communicate properly.
- Update the computer or laptop that you are using to complete the setup process of the Netgear Orbi.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software installed on your computer and then try to do the Orbi installation process.
- Use an updated web browser to log in and execute the process at hand.
- Delete the cache, cookies, and browsing history from the web browser.
- Insert the login web address without any typing errors.
- Refrain from typing the login URL in the search bar of the browser to end up landing on some anonymous web page. Use the URL bar instead.
- Type the admin login credentials in the correct fields.
- Make zero typing mistakes while inserting the login credentials.
- Use the correct instructions to set up your Netgear Orbi system. You can refer to the user manual that came along
- Do not skip any step in between the process to avoid any issues.
- Perform a reboot process before trying to set up the Orbi to fix technical glitches.
The Final Note
This is how you can fix the Netgear Orbi setup issues. We are hoping that you have completed the setup process by now. However, in case you are still stuck with the same issue and can not install the Orbi, then perform an Orbi factory reset and then try the process.