You may often reset your Netgear extender and restore the factory settings to it. If you are trying to fix any issue with your router or if you forgot the admin login password then you are forced to reset the router. After the reset process, the default settings get restored on it. That means if you want to access the admin dashboard, then you need to put to use the Netgear router default password. But what do you need to do after you have reset your device? If the same question is bothering you then this article has got you covered. Keep reading ahead to learn the next process after the Netgear router reset.
Setup the Netgear Router
After you reset your Netgear router and restore the factory settings on it, you need to follow the same process that you did when you had just purchased it. Yes! That’s right you need to set up your Netgear router again from scratch. This is because it is as good as a new router now. All the current configuration settings shave been erased from it. So setting it up is essential to begin accessing its WiFi again.
How to Setup Netgear Router?
You have three ways to complete the setup process.
- WPS Method
- Nighthawk App
- Manual Method
Netgear Router via WPS Method
- Connect the Netgear router’s power adapter to an active and well-working power socket.
- Turn the router’s power button.
- The LEDs on the router should turn solid.
- Also, power up the modem.
- Look for the button named WPS on the router.
- Gently press it when found.
- Press the WPS button on the modem as well.
There you go! Your Netgear router is set up via the WPS button after the reset process.
Netgear Router Setup Using Nighthawk App
- Ensure that your router is connected to a power source and is turned on.
- Fetch an Ethernet cable and make a firm connection between the router and the modem using it.
- Now, unlock your smartphone, and if you haven’t installed the Nighthawk app on it then do it now.
- After the app is installed, launch it on your phone.
- Once the Nighthawk app opens up, using the admin login credentials, log in to the router.
- After you log in you will reach the router setup page, you need to execute the Netgear router setup process.
Netgear Router Setup Web Browser
In this method, you need to log in using the web address routerlogin.net. If routerlogin.net refused to connect, then use the default IP address of the Netgear router to access the login page.
- Bring both the Netgear router and the modem closer to each other.
- Now connect them using an Ethernet cable. Make sure the connection between the devices is finger-tight.
- Apply power to both devices now. Let them boot up completely.
- Now, power on your computer or laptop and load an internet browser. Using an updated PC and an updated browser is recommended.
- Visit routerlogin.net by inserting the URL in the address bar of the browser.
- The login page will open up wherein you need to input the admin credentials and do the login.
- When you are logged in and reach the Netgear router setup page, simply perform what is instructed by the on-screen prompts.
Netgear router setup is completed using the web browser method.
This is how you can set up your Netgear router after resetting it. You can use any of the methods given in this article. After setting up, perform the Netgear router firmware update so that you can get the most out of your device and also avoid any issues with it.